40′ i.e. 12 m insulated containers is our largest r most common and popular model. This container model is your choice if you need storage space with no moisture problems. The thick 40mm PIR insulation prevents moisture from condensing inside your container, keeping what’s inside dry. We use PIR insulation for the walls, door and ceiling of our insulated containers. The interior walls are white steel sheets, so this bright space is not only easy to keep clean but it is also moisture-resistant. PIR insulation does not turn mouldy or lose its insulation capacity and, based on a smaller amount of insulation, offers up to 50% better insulation results than wool, enabling maximal use of internal measurements for storage We supply our containers with mouldings that provide a stylish finishing touch to the carefully designed whole. You can select a new or used container as the frame for your container, which we will fit with insulation.
The 12m insulated container’s standard accessories include double doors at the end, and disc valves for ventilation. We can also add other accessories, such as lighting, heating and shelves. We recommend a radiator for winter storage, with the heating unit equipped with a thermostat maintaining a steady temperature. Other common installations include inlets, improved ventilation and footings for installed equipment. The container floor is insulated from below with 50 mm XPS, matching the floor’s load capacity with the container’s default value, i.e. more than 25,000 kg. This also makes loading with a pallet jack easy as there is no extra threshold. The 40′ insulated container is built using an ISO standard compliant marine container, so that it has a lifetime of several decades and can be transported by road like a standard container.
For international freight purposes, we can offer SOC insulated containers. These SOC containers are suitable for international transport like normal containers. They are equipped with a valid CSC plate+stamp and meet ISO requirements. Please note that the floors of SOC containers are not insulated and that ventilation is implemented with the container’s own ventilation valves. Requests for SOC equipment must be declared when placing an order!
We also offer older containers as part of our rental equipment stock at an affordable price, complete with e.g. XPS insulation. Contact our sales department to enquire about today’s selection of available options.
- Walls, ceiling and doors insulated with 40–60mm PIR or with EI60 100mm MW
- Floor insulated underneath 50mm XPS
- Two ventilation valves
- Marine container compliant with the ISO Standard
- Double doors at the end with a welded protective case. Locked using a padlock.
- Load capacity: Container default, i.e. approximately 25-30,000 kg
- Floor: Container plywood or bamboo (container default flooring)
- Container weight: 3,800-4,400 kg depending on the model
- Transport: Standard transport similar to a marine container, not suitable for train or marine traffic (requires a SOC model)
- Manoeuvring: Corner castings, reach stacker, crane or container handler.
- New marine container that has been used once
- Protective case supplied as part of the standard equipment
- Very clean, doors function without problems
- Long lifetime and minimal requirement for maintenance
- New insulation
- Watertight container
- Age 7-15 years, external signs of use
- Protective case supplied as additional equipment
- Requires maintenance, e.g. rusting
- Doors occasionally require work and maintenance
- New insulation