20' HC insulated tunnel container with conductive flooring
From a 20′ HC shipping container to a Double Door equipment storage with fire-resistant insulation.
Our customer needed a 20′ HC Double Door container as a new equipment storage.
Because the global availability of special container models – like the Double Door shipping container – is poor due to covid, we were able to speed up the project by choosing an ordinary 20′ HC shipping container as the base and installing another set of Double Doors to it ourselves. The new double doors were sandblasted and painted, and the container structure was strengthened so that it will be able to support the weight of the new double doors in use.
EI60 fire-resistant insulation was installed on the container walls, doors and ceiling, and the floor was insulated from beneath the container with XPS. The gaps in between the insulation sheets were sealed with EI60 mineral wool and finished off with moldings. Fire-rated supply air and exhaust air valves were installed to opposite doors to enable efficient air circulation inside the container. The floor was fitted with conductive flooring and proper grounding for the floor material was ensured.
Check out the video on our Youtube channel
From us you will get containers and related services tailored to your needs. Whether your idea is on the drawing board or it’s ready to be recreated in real-life, be in contact with us and we’ll help you make your plans into reality.
- An ordinary 20′ HC shipping container fitted with additional standard double doors to transform it into a Double Door shipping container, that is, a tunnel container.
- The new double doors sandblasted and painted with RAL 9010.
- Walls, ceiling and doors insulated with EI60, and the floor with XPS.
- Fire-rated supply air and exhaust air valves.
- Conductive flooring.
- EI60 mineral wool behind the moldings.